Reaching milestones is sweet

Monday might tell a different story, but this weekend I reached a milestone that made me happy.

I dipped below 200 pounds for the first time in 12 years. The scale read 199.5 pounds. It might not read that Monday after I treat myself to pizza for Super Bowl Sunday, but for one day I dipped below 200 and I plan to be below 200 when we end 40 days and 40 nights Wednesday morning.

That is a day we will celebrate the end of no fried foods, alcohol, desserts and regular soda. We are near the end and it is great to see people reaching goals.

It is great when you accomplish something. It does not matter if you are dipping below 200 pounds or 300 pounds for the first time in a while. We all have our own personal battles.

I feel pretty good about going below 200. It was tough, but it is something that needed to be done. I began this journey at 234 pounds and at one point I had gotten up to 243 pounds. My friends say I didn't look that bad then. I always wonder if they were being nice or if they meant it.

We have big goals we want to reach and within those goals are small battles. My ultimate goal is to reach 185 although my loving trainer and I are having a dispute about that. She does not want me to go below 190 because she claims she can give me a six pack of muscle by the end of summer and wants the additional five pounds.

I told her I didn't have a six pack when I was 16 so it is not happening now. I love goals, but let's be realistic.

Today will be a tough day for many. I am going to eat salad early in the day but my Super Bowl treat is pizza. I will have pepperoni on my pizza, but it also will be loaded with vegetables and I will have no more than three pieces all day.

I have already put in an hour of exercise and will drink two gallons of water today.

Good luck and enjoy the game. But don't go overboard. We still have goals to meet.