Fitness Report for the Week Ending January 24, 2010

This report actually covers the last two week and begins with me finally facing the reality that I'd let myself slip. After 11 months of sporadic, to non-attendance at Weight Watchers (I'm a lifetime member) I rejoined, tail between my legs and with 17lbs to lose to get back to my goal weight.

My weight gain was the gradual result of not watching what I eat. I certainly exercise enough. One of my problems is I'm a stress eater. I associate food with comfort and I've had some stress in my life that, quite frankly, I let get the best of me. But that is not the entire reason for my weight gain. The fact is, I fell back onto some bad food habits. No excuses. That's the reality of it.

But over the last two weeks I've begun the process of righting myself. Sticking to program (I do the points system) I've dropped over 5 lbs and feel a whole lot better about things and where they are headed.

This past week I was able to get in several long, satisfying outdoor runs. A 10 miler last Sunday, two eight milers while I was in Austin for a conference, and a 12 miler today. Fingers crossed, I'm looking ahead.


run01242010.jpg