Have You Fallen Off Your New Year’s Fitness Resolution?

Today is January 28, 2010 and we are 28 days into a New Year and many have resolved to look like a whole new person at least in 6 months or so.  So, the question is, are you still on track or have you fallen off the weight loss/fitness wagon all together?  What were your goals coming into 2010?  Was it to lose 5 pounds, eat healthier or was it to work out at least 3 times a week?  Sounds familiar, sure it does because we all make the vows to ourselves.  Many of us have already quit.  Why can’t we stick to the goal?
It is tough, I know.  I make a choice every single day to work out and every meal I eat is a challenge to eat the right food.  There are many reasons as to why we quit.  Just know that you are not alone.  Take it one day at a time.  There is a book called “The Slight Edge” and the principles can be used here with fitness.  Doing little things daily over a period of time will help you reach your goals.  Let’s give an example (if you lose 2 pounds a week, that is 8 pounds a month, so in 6 months you will have lost a whopping total of 48 pounds).  Do you see how simple that can be.  Don’t beat yourself up over this.  This takes time.  It takes baby steps.  If you fall off, get back up.  Baby steps count to.
I would love to hear some other suggestions on how you can stay on track to reaching your weight loss goals?  Let me know what’s been working for you?  Do you agree with the idea of taking it slow and not giving up?  I want to hear from you that are trying to lose weight.  Let me know what some of the challenges are so we can chat about it.  I may be able to help in some way.  I look forward to your comments.

Today is January 28, 2010 and we are 28 days into a New Year and many have resolved to look like a whole new person at least in 6 months or so.  So, the question is, are you still on track or have you fallen off the weight loss/fitness wagon all together?  What were your goals coming into 2010?  Was it to lose 5 pounds, eat healthier or was it to work out at least 3 times a week?  Sounds familiar, sure it does because we all make the vows to ourselves.  Many of us have already quit.  Why can’t we stick to the goal?
It is tough, I know.  I make a choice every single day to work out and every meal I eat is a challenge to eat the right food.  There are many reasons as to why we quit.  Just know that you are not alone.  Take it one day at a time.  There is a book called “The Slight Edge” and the principles can be used here with fitness.  Doing little things daily over a period of time will help you reach your goals.  Let’s give an example (if you lose 2 pounds a week, that is 8 pounds a month, so in 6 months you will have lost a whopping total of 48 pounds).  Do you see how simple that can be.  Don’t beat yourself up over this.  This takes time.  It takes baby steps.  If you fall off, get back up.  Baby steps count to.
I would love to hear some other suggestions on how you can stay on track to reaching your weight loss goals?  Let me know what’s been working for you?  Do you agree with the idea of taking it slow and not giving up?  I want to hear from you that are trying to lose weight.  Let me know what some of the challenges are so we can chat about it.  I may be able to help in some way.  I look forward to your comments.