A Little Reason to Smile Today

Yesterday the sun was shining in Seattle (I know, miraculous!), so I took my boys and golden retriever on a long walk through our neighborhood, where we splashed in mud puddles and got so excited when we spotted something that totally made me head-to-toe happy!
0121-spring_vg.jpg
Right smack dab in the middle of winter, we saw the first sign of spring! Yeah, I know, spring comes 'round every year, but have you ever felt so sick of the gray skies, the dark days, the rain and wind that you actually craved spring? That's how I've been feeling lately. Somehow, this year, I'm over winter. I'm so ready for spring! And when we spotted some daffodil bulbs shooting up their light green new growth through the ground, I felt positively giddy.
Have you noticed little signs of spring where you are? Pussy willows? Crocuses? Tulips? Magnolia trees?